Christ Cathedral Parish Funeral Services
But the souls of the just are in the hand of God, and no torment shall touch them. They seemed, in the view of the foolish, to be dead; and their passing away was thought an affliction and their going forth from us, utter destruction. But they are in peace. For if before men, indeed, they be punished, yet is there hope full of mortality: Chastised a little, they shall be greatly blessed, because God tried them and found them worthy of himself. As gold in the furnace, he proved them, and as sacrificial offerings he took them to himself. In the time of their visitation they shall shine, and shall dart about as sparks through stubble, they shall judge nations and rule over peoples, and the LORD shall be their King forever.
Funeral Service Requirements
- Family must FIRST contact the Mortuary/Funeral Home
- Funeral Home calls the parish to make Funeral Mass arrangements per the request of the family.
- Parish Office will obtain all information from Funeral Home/Mortuary and provide it to the Priest.
- Priest will inform staff of date and time of availability if different from what is being requested. (No funeral Masses are held on Sundays.)
- Parish staff will inform Funeral Home of date and time priest has agreed to.
- Mortuary/Funeral Home will inform family of date and time.
- The Bereavement Ministry will be contacted on your behalf to assist with preparing the Service.
- The family is responsible for flowers.
- It is the responsibility of the family to remove all flowers and decorations and keep the church clean after the service.
- Flowers are to be placed in the entrance of the church, not around the altar.
- No flags are permitted on the casket.
- We request that eulogies not exceed three minutes during the funeral service. However, longer eulogies can be delivered during the Wake Service.