The Adult Confirmation process is a fun interactive opportunity for Catholics who have not had the opportunity to receive the sacrament of Confirmation to complete their full initiation into the Catholic Church.
This 17-week process emphasizes the basics of Catholic teaching respecting the adult audience’s many concerns, questions and responsibilities. Some of the topics include the Trinity, Sacraments, Prayer, Vocations and Morality. The last session is a Retreat Day with the Candidates and Sponsors. Sessions are weekly, Wednesday evenings 7 – 9 p.m., during January – May. The Confirmation celebration takes place in May.
Requirements for Adult Confirmation Preparation
- A Roman Catholic adult who has received the Sacrament of the Eucharist
- A current Baptismal Certificate
- Original First Holy Communion Certificate
- One must select a sponsor to accompany them in the preparation process
Requirements for Sponsors
- A sponsor must be a confirmed Catholic who lives their faith and is willing to accept the privilege of supporting their candidate during the Confirmation preparation and beyond.
- A sponsor may not be the candidate’s parent or spouse.
If you are interested in learning more about Adult Confirmation, please contact Adult Faith Formation Coordinator Sister Mary Teresa Parker, OP at 714-971-2141 ext. 5509.